Airlines operating at Macau International Airport will be entitled to incentives for additional traffic in existing and new routes according with the following table and specific conditions:
|Incentive policy for Passenger Flights Approved August 2009||Applicable to all airlines operating at MIA|
|Existing Routes||New Regional Routes||New Long Range Routes(1)|
|Duration of Incentives||1 Year||First Year||Second Year||First Year||Second Year|
|Incentive on Landing fee||0||50%||25%||50%||50%|
|Incentive per passengers(2) transported by the airline.||50%||40%||40%||50%||50%|
|Calculation of landing incentive amount (At time of invoicing)|
|Application simultaneous with the payment of the respective invoice|
|Calculation of passenger incentive amount (Yearly):|
|Existing routes - Airline additional collected Passenger fee: (year n – year n-1) x 50%|
|New regional routes - Airline total collected Passenger fee in the route: (year n ) x 40%|
|New Long Range routes - Airline total collected Passenger fee in the route: (year n ) x 50%|
(1) Long Range routes consider Europe, America, Africa, Oceania and also Russia, India and Middle East.
(2) The incentive is calculated as a percentage of the passenger fee amount, collected and delivered by the airline.
Conditions for existing routes:
- The incentive will apply to additional passengers transported during the year.
- The incentive is calculated as a percentage of the additional passenger fee amount, collected and delivered by the airline, compared with the previous year.
- The passengers transported in new routes will be deducted for the purpose of this calculation.
Conditions for new routes:
- The incentive will apply to the total passenger traffic in the first two years of a new route.
- New routes are scheduled routes from the origin or from the destination cities, which were not operated during the previous 6 months.
- The new routes have to operate for at least 2 years and cannot be stopped for more than 2 weeks in each 6 months period or cancel in each year more than 20% of its scheduled/planned flights.
- No airline can benefit from MIA incentives for new routes more than once for the same origin/destination city.
- The incentive is calculated annually as a percentage of the passenger fee amount, collected and delivered by the airline, during each of the first 2 years of the operation.
The information on this website are for reference only. Please contact the Macau International Airport Company Limited (CAM) for details.